Monday, December 10, 2007

Merry Merry Birthday!


Welcome back to all our lunch clubbers! We return to the blogging world after a brief hiatus. Today is of course a Monday morning, but not your typical Monday morning because we get to celebrate my birthday today!! Leigh here. Birthday's at our non-descript office are always a joyous occasion. We love to celebrate each other, and what better day than the day we were born? I came in this morning to a desk adorned with Christmas lights, pictures of goats, and baby's with cloth bums. :) Thank you to all my co-workers. How did I know that I'd have goats incorporated into my birthday somehow??


For my birthday lunch, I decided to order Thai food. Lynn did as well, but unfortunately the restaurant gave her the complete wrong dish! I then alluded to the language barrier between the restaurant and ourselves closing with, "Poor them". Ryan, of course, chimed in with, "Poor them?". Well, I'm sure you can guess the rest of his comments. Some of which were correct such as, if you open a business in an English speaking country you might want to learn English. But I was saying in their defense, I've been to a country where I was the minority and could not speak the native language. Although my stay was just as a tourist, people treated me differently and not always good. I do have a new perspective on being a "foreigner"; we are all foreign to somewhere and should show patience! Anyway, easy for me to say... they got my order right!!


On to much more exciting conversation! Ryan just realized that his wedding is about 3 weeks away. Ryan, aren't you counting down the days?? Don't boys wait for this day their whole lives with anticipation? As far as Ryan and Jorge are concerned, "Um... no". Ok, well said. Jorge even went as far to say, "The day is really all about the girl anyway. You walk down the aisle, I walk out the side door." Good point. Sounds a little bitter though, right? Now we know how he really feels!


So I don't know about you, but weddings make me think about another lovely topic... BABIES!! If you ask Ryan when a baby is written into his newly married plan, he'll tell you 5 years, if not more. I know what you're thinking, FIVE YEARS?? I have a feeling it will happen sooner than that. But anyway, I was telling everyone how I heard a commercial this weekend about a birth control that will keep you infertile for 5 years! If you wanted to reverse it, it would be no problem, but it could potentially last for 5 years. Apparently the doctor has to implant it into the upper arm. I personally don't like the idea of birth control at all, but Ryan said, "There are no side effects." No, not at all. Except for the verbal warning on the commercial that states, "Ovarian cysts may occur but usually go away." Hmm.. wonder what the fine print says.


Well, that's about it for today's lunch highlights. Time to get ready for our wonderful company Christmas party tonight located at the home of Webster and his lovely wife. It shall be a time for good food, good company, and good cheer! See you all next time.


Leigh.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also today we took guesses about when Leigh's baby would make it's world debut... we all guessed little he or she would come early but that might be wishful thinking on our part! Every day we poke and pat the belly and today baby gave Beth a huge kick, much to her shrieking delight!